Effective Date: March 18, 2016
Information Collection and Use
Usage Information. We collect non-personal statistical information that does not individually identify you. It includes non-personal statistical information about your internet connection, the equipment that you use to access our Services and how you use our Services. We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Services to the internet connections and equipment that is used to visit our website. For instance, we may collect information on how long you use the Services, on whether you have used the Services before and on how many occasions, how frequently you use the Services, and at what points you exit the Services to make the Services better. We collect this information both directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Services, (i) including details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Pixel Tags / Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Service Providers
We may disclose Usage Information without restriction. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
• Your Consent: We may share or disclose your Personal Information at your direction in connection with your use of the Services. For instance, we will email you documents to the email address you provide to us.
• Service Providers: We may share or disclose your Personal Information to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• Business Transfers: In the event that we are involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
• Enforcement: We may disclose your Personal Information in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Email Communications. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Hilary Fosdal to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can choose to opt-out by unsubscribing to any email we may send.
• Copies of Documents. We will retain a copy of your documents for a commercially reasonable period of time. Subject to the terms of “Accessing and Correcting Your Information” below, if you would like us to delete any Personal Information in your documents, please send an email to email@example.com. After you elect to have your Personal Information redacted, you will not be able to receive a replacement copy of your documents from Hilary Fosdal.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We recognize that you are providing sensitive information in connection with your use of the Service and that security is critical to our Services. As such, we take commercially reasonable security precautions, and will continue to vigilantly safeguard your sensitive Personal Information. We update our security software with the latest patches frequently. Because we do not control the security of the Internet or other networks you use to access the Website or communicate with us, we cannot be, and are not responsible for, the security of information that you choose to communicate with Hilary Fosdal while it is being transmitted. In addition, Hilary Fosdal is not responsible for any data lost during transmission.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Website or through the Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Service. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.